Photo Contest: What Takes Your Breath Away?
What in nature takes your breath away? What makes you want to grab your camera to capture the beauty and awe of nature in a photo? Is it a rushing stream, a deer foraging in the woods, or a perfect golden sunrise? Submit your photo to our Earth Day photo contest by April 21 on by posting it on our Facebook page in comments, along with a line or two about why you think it is breathtaking. The Nature Generation will select one winner to be recognized on our website and one lucky entrant will be randomly selected to win a $25 gift?
Earth Day Photo Contest Entry Rules
All entries must be submitted by Friday, April 21, 2017 . Winner that best illustrates and describes the theme of the competition, “Nature that Takes Your Breath Away,” will be posted on our website for the month of April.
- One entry will be chosen randomly to receive a $25 gift card.
- Submissions must be the entrant’s original, sole work.
- The contest is open to amateur photographers only.
- Entries may be in color or B&W.
- Entrants must hold the rights to publish, distribute, and exhibit the photographs submitted and will not have transferred such rights to a third party or authorized a third party to otherwise use the photographs.
- Contest entry constitutes a release to The Nature Generation for the right to use, reproduce, publish, and display the photographs without further compensation. The original slide, negative, or digital file may be requested for the winning photographs. Those photographs chosen as winners may not be published or otherwise used to promote products or commercial services for a period of two years following the award.
- For photographs submitted to the competition, the photographer will be credited by name whenever feasible.
- The entrant is responsible for obtaining any permits required to photograph protected places, animals or plant species, and/or releases for any human subjects (with the exception of large groups). The entrant is also solely responsible for any claim or complaint that may be filed by a party who has rights to a person(s), building(s), trademark(s) or any other subjects depicted in the entered photograph.
- Photographs with names, dates, logos, writing, or other graphical images included in the image of the photo will not be considered.
- An entrant who fails to comply with any of the Entry Rules or with the terms and conditions stated in the contest rules will be disqualified. The Nature Generation will not be responsible for any claims or damages arising from any violation of such rules. Should any such rules be violated or if it is discovered that any information given on the entry is false, The Nature Generation reserve the right to take any action deemed necessary. The decision of the panel of judges will be final.
- Release and Limitations of Liability –By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, their respective parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Photo Contest or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Photo Contest; (b) technical errors; (c) printing errors; (d) late or undelivered mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Photo Contest; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property. You waive the right to claim any attorney’s fees and any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.