Order Summer Flowers Today!
Order bulbs today so you can receive bulbs and seeds just in time for summer planting. The Nature Generation will receive a percentage of the proceeds from your order! Questions? Contact aware@NatGen.org.
Here are some tips to consider when planting summer bulbs:
- Begin to plant summer flowering bulbs and tubers after the last frost date.
- Quality bulbs and well drained soil are the key for a flourishing garden.
- Summer bulbs require a lot of water immediately after planting – keep soil in your garden moist.
- Sprouting bulbs are ok – plants are anxious to get into the ground again.
- Maintain a pH level of 6 to 7 to bring out the true color of flower bulbs.
- No need to add fertilizer to bulbs and tubers.
- Flowering bulbs and tubers look great in containers on the patio – plant them closer together for a full look.
- Summer bulbs make great cut flowers. Try staking the taller varieties.
- Plant your summer flowering bulbs and tubers within the season of purchase.
- For colder zones, lift your bulbs and tubers in the fall and replant next spring. Shake off any soil and air dry for several days before storing in well ventilated, cool, dry location. No plastic – plants need to breathe.